Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Family

I am Jovy Li, i was born on the 20th of July in 1993, year of the Rooster. My sign is Cancer. I was born in Shanghai, China. But i only lived there for 8 months, before i moved to Adelaide, however i only stayed in Adelaide for 3.5 years. After this i moved to Saskatoon, in Canada. Here i stayed for 4.5 years of my life, a majority of it with just my mum, because my dad had gone to Perth to work for a while. After Canada we moved to Perth, where i have been staying for the last 7.8 Years.

My Father was born in Suizhou, in the Hubei Province of China.
My Mother was born in Songzi, in the Hubei Province of China.

Our family migrated from China to Adelaide, because my father went to pursue a PhD. After my dad attained his PhD he was offered a job in Canada, and we soon followed. After this my father got offered a job in the government for agriculture here in Perth. You could say, we followed my father's work where he went, but we finally settled down here.

Our life changed dramatically when we moved from China, one of the major changes was, there was no more "One Child" Policy, so my parents could give birth to my little brother after we arrived in Australia. Also life became a lot easier, because my parents had lived a very hard life in China, with almost no technology at all, and where they were living in a time of poverty in the rural areas of China. So life would have improved quite dramatically.

My parents lived in the age of the great cultural revolution of China, which was a political disaster at the time. It was a hard time, where people were judged by their ancestry such as if they had a rich ancestor then the offspring would have to bear the consequences. This is because at this time it was considered bad to be rich in china, so people tried to stay low. During this time people were deprived of education, and people were dying due to starvation and violence.

However, finally during 1979 the Open Door Policy was released, and China opened themselves to the world, and chinese capitalism.

My Grand parents however did not move around so much.
My father's parents were: Guizhi Li, born 10-11-1935 ( grand father)
and Yinlan Zhang 25-5-1937 (grandmother)

My mother's parents were: Zhonghui Zhang, DOB: 18-11-1921 (grandfather) D.O.D: 2-1-1990
and Yaling Li born in 13-2-1924 (grandmother) she was born in Suichuan.

All of my grandparents were born in Hubei, China. And they lived through a few rough times, such as the change from the national to the communist party. yo man

No comments: